DOAMNEI IMOBILIARE SA
Romanian registered company established in 2007 as a specialized vehicle for acquiring Marmorosch Blank historical building located in the old city center of Bucharest, on 2 and 4-6 Doamnei St. The area represents one of the top attractions for tourists. It is a lively part of old Bucharest, which polarized various trades between the 15th and 18th centuries. The buildings that can be found in the area were built in different styles (e.g. Renaissance, Baroque, NeoClassic, or sometimes a mixture of all of them), having fine ornaments, baroque balconies, classic facades and eclectic decorations. The area comprises around 520 buildings out of which 40% are considered to be culturally significant. Many of the landmarks of Bucharest can be found in this area: the National Bank of Romania, the House of Savings (CEC Bank), the Chamber of Commerce Palace, the Saint Antonie Church, the Old Court (ruins of Vlad the lmpaler’s Palace), the Stavropoleos monastery, Caru cu Bere, Hanul cu Tei, Manuc’s Inn, etc.
MARMOROSCH BANK BUILDING
The building is placed in the traditional banking quarter of Bucharest, next to the National Bank of Romania and the French style Macca-Vilacrosse Passage, on a piece of land of some 3,474 sqm, having a build area of 12,144 sqm split into a historical office building having a 2UG + GF + SUF height regime and a total usable area of 11,085 sqm and a modern extension having a 1 UG + GF + 5UF height regime and a total usable area of 1,059 sqm.
The building has been erected between 1915 and 1923 and is mainly the work of the famous Romanian architect Petre Antonescu. It is today a Class A historical monument because of its unique mixture of Byzantine, Gothic and Romanian style.
The exterior is decorated in stone and cement mosaics and its beautiful interior Art Nouveau and Art Deco decoration done by Cecilia Cutescu Storck. Most of the exterior decorations have been manufactured in Vienna and most of the interior decorations are works of Romanian craftsmen.
The building is designed around a central glass ceiling of some 200 m2 and a secondary glass ceiling of almost 100 m2. the space is organized in hallways around the two natural light sources so that the vast majority of offices have abundant natural light from different directions. There are two underground levels for mainly technical functions. There is also an in-building garage for 6 cars. The building has one central monumental staircase leading from the entrance to the management offices in the first floor above the entrance and four functional staircases – one in every corner – leading from the underground to the last level under the roof. There are three different entrances from the main street and two from the backyard. The backyard allows another 15 parking spaces.
The façade and most of the interior spaces are in very good shape, as there has been a permanent conservation team in charge with avoiding heavy damage. The wooden wall covers, the ceilings, the wall paintings and the decorations in the monumental section are well preserved.